Are you thinking of selling, buying, renting or letting in 2015? Would you like to understand what you can expect from property in Poole, Dorset this year? Read our latest Berkeleys Market Insight Report to understand what really happened in the local property market in 2014 and what to expect.
Top Findings in summary:
- Our latest report into property in Canford Cliffs and Sandbanks show that overall premium coastal Poole property (BH13, Bh14, BH8 BH9) saw increased sales activity in the first three quarters of 2014, in all price sectors above £250k
- The buoyant top end of the market ( £2m+ homes) tailed off in early 2014 due to fears of a mansion tax and interest rate increases.
- Where the market performed well last year, it was price specific, shifting to the mid and lower price bands.
- £1m-£2m home sales were up 25% v. 2013 but £500k-£1m home sales were up 46% v. 2013 show robust activity in this price sector in 2014.
- £2m + home sale transaction times were quicker than in 2013. Yet it still takes time – indeed years – to sell in this sector and there is considerable choice for prospective buyers. Our reports details exactly how long you can expect to wait to sell a home valued above £2m.
- Changes in Stamp Duty make it more attractive for buyers to spend in specific price segments. We detail these segments specifically in our report.
The outlook for 2015.
The premium property market in 2015 will be a market of two distinct phases: pre-election and post election. Interest rates and fears over possible mansion tax will make the pre-May period more challenging. Having said that, the New Year has started on a positive note, with some unique local homes coming to the market, and some active buyers keen to secure their dream home now.
Read our full report here and contact us if you would like to discuss your specific interests in person. http://bit.ly/1GXDWOt