Berkeleys Lettings is seeing growing demand for long term lifestyle renting in Poole, Dorset. Already a notable trend in the lettings market, as more people opt to rent rather than buy, savvy tenants now search for properties to rent which offer further added value by merging attractive lifestyle factors within easy reach of a top sports and social calendar.
In addition to the key criteria of what makes a great coastal rental property, we now see ‘proximity to the local social calendar’ as an emerging request. In popular areas along the Poole coastline like Sandbanks and Poole Harbour, criteria such as beachfront proximity, sea views, access to water-sports, private parking and outside space are typical requests from our lifestyle tenants.
However, lifestyle tenants now recognise the added benefit of choosing a home which is located close to where top sports and social events take place. Appealing to all the family, and specifically teenagers, prospective tenants also know that planning ahead for the year is critical to taking full advantage of the calendar.
Berkeleys has a luxury apartment currently available to rent in Sandbanks, Poole which is a great example. Located right on the beachfront facing Poole Bay and Old Harry Rocks, Studland, residents can enjoy some of the best vantage points for this year’s top sport and social events. It is a short beachfront walk to the 2014 British Beach Polo Championships.”
What’s more, the Sandbanks calendar lists many top sporting and after-party events on offer this year:
- May 24th – 26th 2014 – Poole Sailing Regatta, Poole Harbour/Poole Bay and Regatta Social Programme
- July 5th – 6th 2014 – Sandbanks Beach Volleyball Festival
- July 11-12th 2014 – The 2014 British Beach Polo Championships, Sandbanks and Beach Polo after-party (tickets on sale now)
- July 23rd – August 8th – Brownsea Island/National Trust summer open air theatre: Henry IV – (tickets on sale from Feb 1st)
- August 2nd – 9th – Cowes Sailing Week (sail from Poole to access daily events)
- Competitive sailing events taking place across Poole Bay throughout August – see individual local sailing club schedules.
Tickets sell out fast to these highly sought after events, and so the secret to ensuring access to the best events is to plan early. Opting for a long term rental solution, whether for holiday use only or full time use, enables you to tap into events throughout the year. The benefit of being able to walk rather than drive lends yet further appeal.